Tuesday, April 6, 2010

day 34

Project presentation day! All the groups did better than the interim presentation according to Ms Neo. It was also a sign of relief that all of our assignments for project management module are completed and the only thing left for this core module is the final exam. Now we can chill out a bit and then rush our IS presentations the next few days.
After the presentation we went to Guang Gu Guang Chang to the “Yes, I Do” saloon. The service there is very good. It is one of the best services which I had experience so far in China. They are very patient with you and even serve you drink and bun after you finish cutting. My friends and I will most likely to go back again since the price is really cheap. For cutting and washing is only $25 RMB which is around $5 sing dollars. And for just washing alone is $15 RMB. Before I go, my hair is frizzy and dry but after the wash and cut, it became lighter and softer. At first i do not trust the chemicals in the shampoo used in China but after my friends went and came back with “more than satisfied” comments, I decided to give it a try and indeed it is good. Well, I’ve learnt that I can’t judge a book by its cover.










Reflection:
In the “Yes, I Do” saloon shop, they treat their customers as “royalties”. As you walk in the entrance, someone at the door will open it for you and follow by hair dressers standing in two straight rolls at each side greeting and welcoming you. I’ve to admit it was pretty embarrassing to enter as I had never experience such treatment before in Singapore. Providing more than hair dressing service, they provide some simple snacks and drinks for their customers and also they interact with their customers to know more about them. From there, they will keep track of their customers’ profiles. Since we were the few Singaporeans who frequent visit that shop, they know us well and they even know when we were going back to Singapore. My friend told me that her hair dresser did her perm very well. Although she said that her perm is done well already, the hair dresser insisted on making it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment