Monday, April 12, 2010

day 40

Our last day in Wuhan and tomorrow we’ll be flying back to Singapore already. I can’t believe I will actually miss the time I had here even though so many unpleasant things happened. We did some last minute packing and ensure that we pack all our things in, for the weighting of luggage at noon. It is pretty stress to ensure that our luggage is not overweight.
We went Guang GU(after the weighting) to “Yes, I do” salon to do our free treatment because we dyed our hair there the previous time. And guess how we go there... by “bread van” (black cab)(面包车)! After that we did some last minute shopping to see what else we need to get for our friends and not forgetting to drink the “COCO” bubble tea with pudding for the very last time before we leave. ): I am so going to miss the time I had there.
As the day of returning home to Singapore gets closer, I’m starting to worry that I’ll miss some of the things in Wuhan. Although Wuhan may not be as “perfect” as Singapore, this six weeks I had experience a whole new life of what the local experience as a China citizen. Although my camera spoilt and laptop crash, I still manage to get over it and have fun because of all the exciting places that the locals and my friends had brought me to. I’m sure there are still many places to explore but however our time here is limited. :(
our hostel block

backgate
backstreet pan fried dumpling store:
backstreet xiao long pau store:

backstreet bubble tea store: backstreet rou chuan store:
backstreet jia rou bing store:
Backstreet (our common snacking place) Reflection:
Although it was not my first time taking “illegal” public transport to another location in China, however it is my first time taking this “bread van”. It was a very interesting experience as the driver has a very interesting way of driving and sending his customers. At first he drove us to some deserted area and stopped for awhile, for that moment we thought he was going to kidnap us or something. We planned our escape road when he left us for quite some time in that area. Later on then we found out that he went to fetch his son from school in that deserted lane. His son was very cute! I think he was the cutest child I had seen so far in China. We continued with our journey to our shopping destination. The funny thing is that he drove through some swamp area. It was very muddy and bumpy, and he said it was a short cut as it was after work hours and all the main roads will be packed with cars. That’s his short cut. If he drives like this in Singapore, he is so going to get his license stripped off! Ha-ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment