Thursday, March 11, 2010

day 8

Lessons as usual on 9 am and the worst thing is that I’ve flu. Although today’s weather is warmer then yesterday’s one, I still get flu. Went to class with watery eyes and a pale face and it is very difficult for me to concentrate on my work. I’ve to redo the Gantt chart several times before I get the answer and I hope I get the right answer. Luckily for me the practical was quite smooth and I need not have any error while doing. After class we went to explore the different streets nearby. And from First Street, we walk all the way to the eighth street. It is indeed a very long distance and took us around 2-3 hours to reach the eighth street, but includes our popping in shops and buying lunch. We met Ms Neo in fast food restaurant (which is around street 3-5) and she told us that the food there is pretty good and worth it and so we got ourselves the value meal. Not bad I would say. We continued to explore the streets ourselves after a fulfilling lunch.
Reflection:
During lunch time we went to the fast food store which is something like KFC just that it’s the china’s version. When I bought my meal set, I check with them if I can change my drink from orange juice to Pepsi but to my disappointment, the cashier told me straight into my face “no!”. Even if my friend wanted to top up some more cash to change drink the cashier also do not allow. I do not understand why can’t she be more flexible and just allow us to change to the drink that we want of the same price or if not we top up. She did not even bother to check with her manager just to satisfy the customer. I’m quite thankful that in Singapore they focus more on customers and I can change my drink without much hassle. We should not carry with us a prejudice thought in whichever situations. Although we heard that some China people eat dog’s meat, it does not mean that the whole populations eat them. It can be rude if we accuse them wrongly.
From Jian She 6 lu onwards we saw many interesting things

we met this cute little boy waving to us( i noticed that all the boys or little children pants are split open at the butt)
dogs in a pet shop( aren't they cute)

the weather is getting warmer, flowers coming out and there are more dogs on the streets

one small tricycle carrying so many things the pau is super cheap and big!




the sunset sky is beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment